Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Thursday, May 08, 2003

Eric McErlain gave us this mention at Off Wing a few days ago -- thanks a lot! He asks what changes to expect with Leonsis set to take over the Mystics. I'm really not sure -- sounds like, right now, Leonsis has other things on his mind. It's unclear how the Wizards fiasco and the rift with Pollin will affect the Mystics.

The Mystics really have, in many ways, the best franchise in the WNBA. They led the league in attendance last year, averaging over 16,000 per game. And even in 2001, when they finished tied for last in the East, they were near the top in attendance.

I lived in DC the summer of '01, and I had a great time following the Mystics. They have a great venue with a good location, they get good local media coverage, and they have probably the best fans in the league. So I'm hoping that, whatever goes on in the front office, the Mystics will keep leading the league forward.

My question for Eric is: who's gonna win the hockey game tonight? I'm hoping that we've gotten in Cloutier's head by scoring 11 on him in the last two games. Go Wild!