Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Thursday, February 26, 2004

Meanwhile in Norman, Texas Tech was upset by Oklahoma. The Sooners beat Tech on February 10 in Lubbock, and they did it again last night at home.

"I'm disappointed in the way we played," said coach Marsha Sharp. "I think Oklahoma did a good job, but we really didn't match them in any form or fashion. I thought we got outplayed in every spot, and that's really disappointing after the game we played in Lubbock on Sunday. It is probably the most disappointed I've been all year."

"A very significant win," OU coach Sherri Coale said. "One that I think will be an impressive couple of wins when the selection committee gets together. You beat a team that’s been ranked in the Top 10 a majority of the season, if not all the season. You beat them twice, I think that earns you some stripes."