Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Monday, February 16, 2004

On Saturday, UConn embarrassed Rutgers for the second time this year. I guess that ticket policy thing didn't really work out...

The Huskies' defense was solid. Rutgers scored only 10 in the first half. Cappie Pondexter shot only 3 for 20.

The best news for UConn was that Barbara Turner continued to kick some butt down low. She had 27 on 12 for 15 shooting, and 8 rebounds to boot.

Said Turner: "I wouldn't say [the confidence] is newfound," Turner said. "I just think it has to do with making more plays than I usually make, whether it's taking charges or just getting in the lane and breaking players down with the shot clock running out. Those things help you gain confidence during the course of the game, and I think as the game went on, I felt more and more confident."