Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Monday, February 02, 2004

The Texas-Tech game lived up to the hype, even without Perkins. It was surprising how well the Raiders did without Jia. They ended up losing by 9, but it was a tight contest till the last few minutes.

Stacy Stephens was simply incredible. She had 12 rebounds and 28 points on 10 for 10 shooting.

"I was shocked by that," she said of her shooting accuracy. "I didn't feel any pressure today. I felt everybody got open looks. When I got an open shot I went for it."

We talked about just staying close and hanging around a little bit until we could make something happen," Tech coach Marsha Sharp said. "I thought we did a good job of doing that, but they just overpowered us in a couple of spots. They are just so strong and physical."