Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Thrilling game in Detwah last night. Kelly Miller hit a 3-pointer with 0.6 seconds left to give the Fever a one point win over the Shock.

Catchings (19, 8, 5, 4) drove, drew defenders, and kicked it back to Miller on the baseline. "The first thing I did was look at the clock and see how much time was left," Miller said. "Tamika's a great passer. She hit me and I knocked it down."

Coach Laimbeer took some of the blame for the late game meltdown. "We had a four-point lead and we turned the ball over," he said. "I should have been up yelling, ‘Time out! Time out’ when we got stuck. We just aren’t making the plays we need to win basketball games."

The Shock have lost 3 in a row and fallen to 7-7 overall and 1-5 at home. "I think a lot of things right now are unexplainable," said Swin Cash. "We just have to keep after it."