Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Wednesday, June 16, 2004

What's up with the Lib? Were the 6 straight wins fool's gold? Is the team not as good as advertised?

After last night's drubbing at the hands of Seattle, New York has dropped 3 in a row. It wasn't pretty at MSG: 44 rebounds to 26. Hammon: 1-for-6. Johnson: 1-for-7. Etc.

"We were embarrassed out there tonight," said Crystal Robinson. "We just have to rebound. We rebound, we score. I think this is just a bump in the road, but it's a very embarrassing bump in the road."

"We got pummeled," she said. "We just got pummeled."

Tari Phillips agreed: "This is not fun. This is not fun at all. I don't like this. I am embarrassed. We are all embarrassed."

"I'm trying to put my finger on just what happened," said coach Adubato. "This is embarrassing."

On the other side, all smiles. "To me, there's no better place to play," said coach Donovan.