Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Wednesday, October 27, 2004

The Pac-10, tired of being kicked around as the weakest major conference, is looking to do better this year.

"I'm really excited about our conference because I believe we'll see the resurgence this year we've been predicting," said ASU coach Charli Turner Thorne. "We have veteran teams and they are healthy. We have the [nonconference] schedules, and if we can take care of business, we can have five or six teams in the NCAA tournament."

Unfortunately, the conference won't have the Paris twins to look forward to. Courtney and Ashley liked Horstmeyer's program... but not quite enough. "That was really tough," Courtney said. "We are so close to them. Even though I'm going to a different school, I'm still Cal's biggest fan. ... I'll always be a Cal fan, but my heart was somewhere else."