Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Wednesday, December 22, 2004

The game in Knoxville turned out to be a classic. Kelley Suminski tied the game with 5 seconds left. Coach Summitt started to call a timeout, but no one picked up Zolman after the inbound, and she raced up the floor and nailed a three at the buzzer from way outside the arc.

"I saw there were four seconds left, and I was at half court so I took a couple of dribbles in and just let her fly," Zolman said, who had shot poorly most of the game.

"I think you saw an NCAA tournament game," Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer said. "This is what it's like. It was a December game that had the feel of March."

Coach TV refuses to get upset about Tennessee's continued mastery of the Cardinal. "I think we'll be better from it. If I didn't, we should cancel the series. It's masochistic."