Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Monday, December 13, 2004

Tennessee came back from down nine at half to beat DePaul. The Vols were led be freshmen Sybil Dosty and Alexis Hornbuckle.

"Huge. Big time," said Shyra Ely of Dosty's performance. "She had a double-double in 15 minutes. I think she brought a lot of energy off the bench. She was able to give us momentum, give us energy in the game. I think this will really give her a lot of confidence, momentum going into the next game."

"I wanted to bring a lot of energy when I came off the bench," said Dosty. "I haven't gotten too many chances to do that. So whenever I get my chance, I'm just going to take advantage of it."

DePaul's second half woes were aggravated by foul trouble. Three players fouled out, including Erin Carney, who was sent away with over twelve minutes left. "I wish we had 10 (players) deep," coach Doug Bruno said. "We don't."