Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Tuesday, January 18, 2005

UConn won convincingly over Texas. The Huskies shot 55% from the field; the Longhorns shot just 34%.

Once again, Charde Houston was the lead attacker, scoring 25 points on 11-for-19. Coach Conradt saw it coming. "I knew things weren't going that well early in the season, but I saw them over the last three or four games," she said. "It's the same thing I thought with Houston. I went uh-oh, they're getting themselves righted just in time for us to get to Hartford."

Jeff Jacobs says the one-name freshman has changed everything.

Charde's grandparents live in Austin, and she almost went to play for the Horns. "They were my No. 1 school until the last few days," she said. "I originally wanted to go to Texas, but something told me to go here."