Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Atlantic Coast coaching carousel: Rice's Cristy McKinney heads for Clemson. "I want to win and I want to win big," she says; with "the facilities, the resources and the support I have here, I think we can do it."

McKinney once played for North Carolina State. "Growing up [around] ACC basketball, everybody here knows how big it is; they don't understand that in Texas," she adds. "I'm back home where everybody understands ACC basketball, and I'm really thrilled to be a part of it again." (If only everyone did know: this year's ACC-champion Tar Heels drew fewer than 2,500 fans per game-- still a big leap from just 516 at Rice.)

Miami has hired Charlotte's Katie Meier, the 2003 C-USA coach of the year, a onetime all-star (and an English major) at Duke.