Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Maria Conlon has smoothed things over with coach Thibault. Last year, she ruffled some feathers by wondering aloud why the Sun had invited "lesser caliber" players to camp instead of her.

"I apologized," she said. "It's not in my character to say things like that.”

But does she really have a chance to make the roster? And how will Connecticut fans react if she gets cut?

“You know what? I don't care," says T-Bone. "I've said this to anybody who wants to listen. Fans, media, whatever. This is about the business of sports. This is a business. When I'm selecting a staff, or employees, for lack of a better term, I want people who can fit the needs of the job description. Whoever is the best gets the job. I have no other agendas.”