Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Wednesday, May 11, 2005

In her return to DC, Holdsclaw scored 15 points and grabbed 8 boards. The Sparks won.

"It felt like any other game," said Holdsclaw. "I wasn't really nervous, but I guess somewhere deep down inside you have that nervousness."

She's happy to be playing with Lisa Leslie. "It makes my job a lot easier. I don't have to go out there and do everything -- just play and try to win a championship."

The MCI fans gave her a mixed reception. "I got some claps and some boos, but I gave this organization a great six years, the best that I can do, and if you can't appreciate that, hey, so what," she said. "I can't say anything else. I did the best that I could do. If I was a normal person who changed jobs, it would be accepted"