Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Thursday, July 21, 2005

Detroit beat Connecticut. Laimbeer and Thibault had words after the game. Dave Goricki describes what happened:
Thibault was upset that Nolan took, and made, an uncontested three-point shot with 3.2 seconds left. Laimbeer could be overheard by media members, telling Thibault: "Just beat us next time then." Thibault countered with profanity.

"They didn't guard her (Nolan), and she took the shot," Laimbeer said. "He (Thibault) called me some four-letter words and I called him a name you don't want to hear. No one feels sorry for the Detroit Shock, so why should we care about anyone else?"

Said Thibault: "Coach Laimbeer showed his true colors. His normal personality came right back out after the game. I said 'good job' and he responded with something else. All I know is that if someone says 'good job' to me, I thank them and leave the court."