Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Detroit newspapers are reporting that Shock forward Swin Cash was not as healthy as she hoped when she returned to action in 2005 from an injured ACL that required surgery late in 2004. She told the News:

Last year was real tough. I looked at some film from the previous year to last year. I thought I was playing at 70-to-80 percent when I came back, but when I looked at the film from last year I was at about 50 percent... I'm real happy with the progress I'm making now. I'm going back to the basics, and I'm getting my mobility and strength back.
The Free Press reports that instead of playing overseas with the rest of her teammates, Cash stayed in Detroit to rehab with Pistons strength and conditioning coach Arnie Kander. Coach Bill Laimbeer said that the original plan was for Cash to play overseas to see game action, but that the team would sit down with her in the new year to see where she needs to be.