Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Monday, January 30, 2006

Stanford rebounded from the loss Friday and beat USC yesterday. The Trojans lost both games this weekend, which will kick them out of the rankings. Worse yet, USC will be without Brynn Cameron for the rest of the season. Cameron will likely undergo hip surgery soon.

"I was happy," coach Trakh said. "We're playing short-handed. We did everything we could to stay in as long as we could."

"I hate doing this, but before the game I told our team this was a defining game for us," coach VanDerveer said. "At halftime, I was wishing I hadn't said that. But we needed different people to step up and they did that."

Over at Pauley, the Bruins needed an extra frame to get past Cal. "This was a do-or-die situation for us," said Lindsey Pluimer, who sent the game in to OT with a putback layup with 12 seconds left.