Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Friday, June 23, 2006

A quick follow-up to my post on the enthusiastic coverage by the New York Times of the rape allegations at Duke (49 articles) vs. the dearth of coverage of the racial and sexual discrimination case against women's basketball coach Rene Portland and Penn State.

No, I didn't get any response from the Times or their columnists, but today Viv Bernstein did her part by adding yet another article on the Duke side: a piece on men's basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski's silence.

As I'd mentioned previously, I was sure I'd missed a couple of Times' pieces. Lucky us, Bernstein's article brought back the Special Section that offers complete coverage of the Duke case. Just LOVE that cute little logo, don't you?

Why on earth are we still waiting for their Special Section on the Penn State case?