Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Thursday, June 29, 2006

Soccer great, and Women's Sports Foundation Public Policy Officer, Julie Foudy has teamed up with the I EXercise My Rights campaign to ensure that Title IX stays strong. She invites all who support women's sports to take action to protect Title IX. “During my career," says Foudy,

I’ve gotten to see tens of thousands of young girls get excited about women’s soccer. I want them to have the same opportunities as I had to be my best. But now there are threats against Title IX that might hurt this generation’s chances of being the next Mia Hamm, Brandi Chastain, or Brianna Scurry. In March 2005, the Bush Administration made a major change to Title IX policies. Now our daughters have to prove they’re interested in playing sports in school. Male athletes have never had to meet this test. Join me by signing this petition. We need to tell President Bush and Congress to keep Title IX strong.