Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Monday, July 24, 2006

The Mystics started slow and ultimately did not have enough to overcome the Storm as Seattle hung on for a 73-71 win on the road. Washington scored a season low 22 points in the first half and initially looked out of it at the start of the second half. But led by Alana Beard, who hit 6 of 7 shots in the third, the Mystics fought back.

Beard, who can't practice because of a bad ankle, finished with a career high 30 points. LJ said that Beard could not be stopped. But A sixth foul on DeLisha Milton-Jones and Richie Adubato's second technical late in the game gave the Storm the opportunity to seal the game at the line.

Adubato said his technical that late in the game was unforgivable. "I tell my players not to get them, and I can't get them in those situations. It's an emotion I let get out of hand. I never have done that. Obviously, there's a frustration level here that reached a certain boiling point. It's the first time I ever did it and it's going to be the last."