Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Saturday, August 26, 2006

Lisa Leslie tells Sparks fans not to worry just because she's not scoring much in these playoffs.

LLL: "I'm human; I'm not always going to have great games. But I can still help my team by moving the ball. And defensively I try to limit inside scoring."

The Monarchs have been practicing free throws. Missed freebies almost cost them game one.

Coach Whiz ran free throw drills for DeMya and Yo: "If they missed, the whole team had to run numerous times. That's all the pressure of their peers." In that practice, both posts hit every shot.

The AP story looks at the Anaheim angle: the Sparks need to win this one just to get one true home game. Kara Lawson asked Sacto fans to head south, though it's at least seven hours' drive to Anaheim.