Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Monday, July 30, 2007

It was not as pretty or as fun to watch as their Thursday night game, but the Sun once again rallied past the Liberty in the fourth quarter.

While Janel McCarville was solid for the Liberty again, it was Katie Douglas who stepped up - both on the court and on the sideline for the Sun. Her coach may want to give her a rest, but Douglas said she is fine. "I'm sure (Thibault) is trying to obviously win games and get us ready for playoffs and not burn me out," Douglas said. "But I feel the most energized that I've ever felt at this part of the season."

Aside from McCarville, the rest of the Liberty struggled to score, especially in the fourth quarter. "We're losing a lot of close games because we are young," said Patty Coyle, whose team's last five losses have been by six points or less. "As far as I'm concerned we have to play better down the stretch. ... That's just the bottom line."