Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Thursday, November 29, 2007

To suggest that Stanford has been hit by the injury bug these past few years would be an understatement -- they've been downright slammed, and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight. Yesterday Melanie Murphy officially went down with an ACL, and injury that happened during the Cardinal win over ODU in St. Thomas.

Before she got injured, Murphy blogged for the Stanford Fast Break Club about why she wore number 0:
To me zero represents the athlete struggle. It represents the doubters, the haters, the non-believers. For everyone who thought I couldn’t hold my own in games, and that I wasn’t good enough. Every game I get into I need to prove myself. I’m no longer a star in high school, I’m a normal player, I’m a zero. My goal is to go from zero to hero, just like Gilbert Arenas did.