Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Monday, December 03, 2007

Tickets are still available for the Maggie Dixon Classic this Saturday at Madison Square Garden. The noon double-header features Rutgers, Duke, Pittsburgh and Army. As always, you can get tickets through Ticketscapler. I went to the Garden's box office and avoided the $10 PER TICKET "inconvenience" charge.

Must say that waiting in line for almost an hour as people negotiated with the B.O. almost made me reconsider the hefty fee. ("Really, you have nothing over here," asked the hopeful Cirque de Soleil fan.... "You bet their sweet bippy they do!" I was tempted to shout, "It's just the computer doesn't want to sit there! Accept it and MOVE ON!") I entertained myself by trying to translated the Spanish being spoken behind me (from Barcelona) and seeing how many times the Classic was flashed up on the "Upcoming Events" boards by the box office windows.

I counted three times -- and they couldn't be bothered to identify the four teams (one of them local) playing. Sigh. Anyways -- if you want tickets -- drop me a line. I'll only charge you a minor inconvenience fee.