Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Monday, May 19, 2008

May I be the first of, I'm sure, many New York Liberty fans who were fascinated -- I mean, just fascinated! -- to read Tamika Whitmore's version of her time with the New York Liberty.

As her stats show, she's been a major "offensive threat" with every other team she's played for EXCEPT the Liberty. *yes, that WAS the sarcasm plane flying by*

Of course I remember that, averaging 26.3 points a game, she led the nation in scoring. At Memphis.

But Miko, moving in to your 10th year in the WNBA, you're averaging 9.8pts a game. And that's including the two delightful games you've unleashed to open the '08 season.

Hey, I have no issue with players doing whatever they need to do to psyche themselves up or explain a great scoring game. It's what they do. (Did you catch the fascinating Radiolab, "Lying to Ourselves"?)

But just because they say it doesn't mean I have to believe it, right?