Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Wednesday, July 16, 2008

He might not be able to spell Lindsay Whalen, but that doesn't stop Brian McCormick from appreciating the W.

I used to wish that ESPN would televise NBA Summer League games. Now, I am glad to watch the WNBA on television rather than the NBA Summer League.

While the Summer League was disastrous yesterday, from what I saw, today's game between the Sun and Liberty was entertaining and well-played. I love to watch games where players actually use their pivot foot to make a move, rather than changing their pivot foot as well. I was happy to see some semblance of shot selection, rather than watching Anthony Roberson, Wilson Chandler, JJ Hickson and Corey Brewer jack shots at will.

I saw real post moves and real step-back jump shots tonight. I missed those last night. I saw PG play from Lyndsay Whelan which was almost non-existent in four games yesterday.