Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Q weighs in on last night's Sky win, and on future lineups (bullish on Perkins and Sharp, quite bearish on Canty). I had Chicago as a playoff team in May; with the Fever's skid, my Sky pick is starting to look plausible again. (I also had the Fever as a team that would be hard to beat once Catchings came back, though: shows how little I know.)

Q also weighs in on last night's street brawl at the Palace, where the Sparks' win turned into an afterthought.

Blogger Dave Hogg says he's a friend of Rick Mahorn-- and that Mahorn screwed up. For more on the mess and Mahorn's part in it, see the exchange at Justine Larbalestier's place. (And read her books when you can.)

"I don't think it was a dirty game at all until the last four seconds," said Michael Cooper. "The league will... have to decide what to do." It sure will.