Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Erin Phillips' return to the Sun is now confirmed. "When I finally did touch down this morning," says the skilled guard and frequent Starbuck resembler, "I thought that I can't believe it's been two years since I've practiced here.”

Also to suit up for the Sun Thursday night, or else soon thereafter: ex-UConn star, and ex-Lynx starter, Svetlana Abrosimova. To sign her, the Sun waived Jolene, which frankly surprised me (Jolene will get better, and Svet is as good as she's ever going to be). Maybe coach Thibault wants more experience, or more aggression, from the small forward position-- or maybe the Sun, who will now have a roster with five former Huskies, think they're going to sell more tickets that way.

(Hat tip to New London Day sports writer Ned Griffen, who alerted me to Svet's signing this afternoon: we would have linked to his story, and not to the Courant's, had the Day already put its Svet story online.)