Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Wednesday, August 13, 2008

WATN? with one of the early NY fan favorites: Kisha Ford. She gets a really nice Hall of Fame profile from CBS College Sports.

All these years later, long after Agnus Berenato first sat on a couch in a Baltimore row house and made her recruiting pitch, a decade since Kisha Ford last stopped and popped and did her school and herself proud, coach and player are rejoicing together anew.
"I'm so excited about Kisha and proud of her," Berenato said. "She's probably one of the most illustrious student-athletes Georgia Tech has ever had."

"When I got the call," Ford recalled, "I said, `What? Really?!' I just had chills, goose bumps. I'm getting them again just talking about it.

"I was hoping one day they would call," she said. "I didn't know if they would. But when they did, I was so excited, and blessed."