Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Friday, August 15, 2008

Well, yippee! A new blog for you all to bookmark: They're Playing Basketball.
You don't have to be a Los Angeles resident to be acquainted with sportscaster Larry Burnett. Since every WNBA game is now at least given an online audio feed, the longtime voice of the Sparks can be heard all over the country, providing his unique brand of straightforward commentary, laced with humor. And with the addition of a certain players to the Sparks' roster this year, Burnett has found that fans comment back to him.

Burnett graciously agreed to an interview this week, which I appreciated on several levels. For one thing, he's got a great perspective on the Sparks, their players and the game itself. Secondly, he's an interesting person. I'll get to that later, as I'm going to divide my discussion with him into a few different blogs, per subject area.


Which makes me wonder: we know it's a band of gorillas, a covey of quail, and an exaltation of larks. What do you call a collection of blogs on the same subject? A bane of bloggers?

I'm open to suggestions.