Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Saturday, September 06, 2008

From Maire, another heads up on the Paralympics. The Hartford is involved, and they have a listing of the bios of the US Paralymipans here. There are also e-postcards from the athletes. Basketballer Patty Cisneros' starts:
Beijing is AWESOME! Right when we got off the airplane there were camera crews filming our arrival. I felt like LeBron James! When we got to the village, we got our credentials and headed to the USA apartments. We had a quick USA briefing then got to settle into our rooms. I have my own room since I'm a captain, but I don't really want to be by myself. I mean, come on... I have nine brothers and sisters!
Poking around their site, you can find photos of various past events, including the Hoop City Wheel Chair Basketball Exhibition held in San Antonio this past April. If you want competition recaps and photos from Beijing, click here.

By the way the Univerisity of Alabama's Wheelchair Athletics porgram is sending sending 7 athletes to China.