Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Wednesday, October 29, 2008

From SportsAgentBlog.com (who knew!) an interview with Eric Wiesel, Rebekkah Brunson and Armintie Price's agent.

Darren Heitner: How did you get started in this industry?

Eric Wiesel: After graduating from law school and starting to practice as a litigating attorney I was introduced by a business client to an NBA player being abused by his agent - no communication, accountability or respect. There were also financial irregularities. As an advocate and man I couldn’t believe the way the athlete/person was being treated - as an employee rather than an employer. At roughly the same time, I was introduced to a WNBA player who was having the same issues - except the lack of respect and honesty from her agent was even greater. I deeply wanted to make a difference in their careers and lives. I had found the career I feel completely passionate about.