Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Monday, November 24, 2008

Meet one of the members of the WHB's Maggie Dixon ROY candidates: Ball State's Kelly Packard.
"Obviously from a coaching standpoint, I have one reason that I coach, which is just simply that I love to be involved in the lives of women in sport. I feel like as I lead women in sport it’s something I enjoy -- the relationship-building part -- just as much as the basketball. That’s from a coaching side. Without as doubt, when I get up in the morning, I always think about what these girls have going on in their life, I am not thinking first and foremost about offensive rebounding versus technical plays. It is always about who they are as people.

Kelly Packard off the floor? There is nothing that I love more than my family; trying to parent two boys well and teaching them how to be gentlemen and trying to teach them how to be balanced people. That would be the coach off-the-court person."