Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Friday, July 10, 2009

Had a great time at the Liberty-Sparks game last night.

Big, big crowd that stayed hyped all game. The Timeless Torches rocked the house with their new routine and the Liberty creative crew came up with a great new campaign: "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC" featuring Janel and coach Coyle. (Wait for it... wait for it.... Janel McCarville and Patty Coyle.)

Now if only the rest of the Liberty had been as creative. And no, I am not so fond of the Sparks at the moment. (Hey, did you know one of their players has a baby?)

(Though truly, as much as I love Taurasi and LJ and Cappie and Augustus and Katie Smith and Lisa at her peak - my first pick to start a team is Tina Thompson. That woman is rock solid, superb skill, no-nonsense talent. And I sure hope this isn't her final year.)