Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Saturday, July 11, 2009

Jason Jones over at the Sacbee catches up with Alex-13 Teams: Monarchs' -- and WNBA's -- biggest fan may be this man
"I hope I'm reflecting well on the league," Chambers said before a Monarchs game earlier this week. "I hope that other people that read my story see the WNBA not only has female fans, but male fans and serious fans. Every other sports league has had fans to do something like this, so I figured it was time the WNBA had somebody."
I love, love, LOVE what Alex is doing. I also know that, before the internets and its tubes got all twitter-ized and cable-ized and facebook-ized and such, other fans have made grand (and mini) tours of the league and arenas. And shared them with other fans.

The W simply didn't notice'em. So, I appreciate that Alex is taking advantage of modern media "tools" and that the .com is taking notice. (And, hopefully, learning a thing or two.)