Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Monday, July 13, 2009

So tell me, Mechelle, how do you really feel?

Monarchs firing Boucek is a senseless decision

Every once in a while, there are personnel moves in sports that are so unfair, so wrong-headed and so contrary to progress that I have a hard time sitting down long enough to type in my thoughts about them.

Because what I feel more like doing is rampaging around and screaming. Witnessing sheer stupidity has that effect on me.

But since that is definitely not a good way to communicate publicly, I’m forcing myself to sit down so I can write that Sacramento’s firing of Jenny Boucek as head coach is as dumb a decision as anything I’ve seen in following the WNBA since its 1997 inception. (And that covers a lot of idiotic ground, especially when you consider some of the Mystics’ coaching moves, the Lynx’s trade of Katie Smith, and the Henry Bibby “era” for the Sparks.)