Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Friday, September 25, 2009

See! All our whining and writing and congratulating and thanking and clicking CAN help! (See Kim's MEDIA TIPS for a refresher)

From Mechelle, who'll be in Arizona today:
when I got the call Thursday morning from my editor that someone (or multiple someones) in Bristol decided I should go to Phoenix, I was really pleased. Because it meant that with all that is going on in the sports world that, quite frankly, gets far more readership than what I cover, there was still recognition that the story lines involving Leslie, Parker, Taurasi and their teams were worthwhile of attention.

I’m explaining all this because I think it’s important for readers to know that their feedback really is crucial. Coverage of women’s sports isn’t a given, folks. It never was, and the way things have been going economically, it has become more imperiled (at least from the standpoint of writers.)