Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Okay - I'm back. And I did see this and this and THIS! (no, not my camera)

Now I need to get the James Taylor song out of my head.... except it was NOT hot.

I did notice that all the basketball excitement awaited my return (and no, as a Liberty fan I am NOT bitter).
1) #2 Stanford held off UCLA, 65-61 (free throws are a GOOD thing).
2) Auburn roared back to take #11 LSU to overtime - and then the Tigers defeated the Lady Tigers, 64-62.
3) #15 Oklahoma used Andrea Riley's 30 points to squeeze by Kansas, 70-68.
4) Monica Wright broke Dawn Staley's scoring record, but she couldn't stop the Terps for upsetting #23 Virginia, 62-61.
And congrats to coach Terri Williams-Flournoy, who's got her 13-2 Georgetown team back in the rankings for the first time since 1993.