Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Sunday, February 28, 2010

From Mechelle's blog: "How to play “your part”
Nyeshia Stevenson. Dominique Kelley. Cat Redmon.

OK, I just wanted to type those names, first things first. Because it seems every time this season, and even going back into last season, that I thought, “I need to write about these players rather than just in passing,” somehow I didn’t get to it.

One of their teammates would have a big game, or some different story line would emerge. And I’d say, “OK, next time.”

So after this past week, when juniors Kelley and Redmon got to experience winning a Big 12 championship with their Nebraska teammates and senior Stevenson had one of the best offensive games of her career in Oklahoma’s huge win at Texas, I thought, “Gotta do it NOW!”