Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Bethlehem Shoals asks, Does the WNBA Hate the NBA Finals?
Last summer, I had a vision of love. More accurately, I went to rip-roaring WNBA game between the Seattle Storm and eventual champs, the Phoenix Mercury, and realized that this league had much to offer the NBA fan. I wrote a column on my experience, and it got a ton of positive feedback (I had no hand in its title, incidentally). A later encounter with Lindsay Whalen convinced me that the league could be every bit as gutsy as it is skilled.

*****
You would think that the eternally embattled WNBA would embrace new fans like me, or at least take a shrewd interest in getting us to tune in. Instead, it schedules games at the same time as the NBA Finals.